1) I had no idea that squirrels could be more than one color. I always assumed they were gray, but when I went away to college I encountered black squirrels. It totally blew my mind!
2) I used to have a HUGE collection of Pez dispensers that I am slowly selling on eBay. I think I had close to 300 dispensers that I collected from high school until after college. Basically when my mom said they needed to leave her house I decided to sell them :)
3) I have a total sweet tooth and love sugary candy like Pez, Sweetttarts, Bottlecaps & Nerds. Notice there is no chocolate in that list. I do like chocolate, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
4) I wanted a little girl so I could dress her like Snow White for Halloween. Random but true.
5) I collect Christmas ornaments of places that Tommy and I have visited. I love looking at our tree and seeing ornaments from Ireland, The Bahamas, Vermont, Montauk, Cape Cod & Disney.
6) I hate cutting my toe nails, but I love getting them cut when I get a pedicure. This is why I get pedicures pretty frequently even in the winter.
7) Both of my best friends I have known for over 25 years. My friend Nessa and I have known each other almost 30 years and Jen and I have known each other 26 years. Can you tell that I am fiercely loyal to my friends?
I was also awarded the Sunshine Award by Lanaya. The criteria for this is to share 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions and ask 11 questions for the people you nominate.
I am just going to give you 4 random facts since you can read the other 7 above.
1) I think my dream job would be a librarian I want to encourage children to love reading as much as I do.
2) I was terrified of E.T. as a child yet my family still bought me E.T. stuff. My mother swears I loved this E.T. doll, but I remember hiding it in my closet.
|Poor picture quality but it was 1983|
11 Questions Lanaya asked
1) Mountain Hideaway or Beach House?
Umm, I despise the cold so I am going to go with Beach House. Oh, and if it was a 2 million dollar house on a Montauk beach that would be even better.
2) Computer or Television?
Computer. I am on it all the time plus you can watch TV on it.
3) What is your dream job and why?
I said librarian because I like to read and love to see children read. I do like Lanaya's answer though and having Samanatha Brown's job would be pretty awesome.
4) Describe your personal style
Mommywear. Seriously, I wish I had a better answer. Yoga pants and stained shirts are my day to day attire. My dress up outfits are jeans, ballet flats and a nice shirt. I have been into necklaces more when I do dress up.
5) Wordpress or Blogger?
I blog on blogger and it's all I know, but I assume since so many bloggers make the switch to Wordpress it's better. I just can't handle the thought of that at this time.
6) Describe a difficult time in your life. How did you overcome it?
Just one time? I would say the most difficult time without getting into tons of details is when Tommy and I purchased our house. It was stressful and with other factors it really tested our marriage. It took time and communication to overcome it.
7) If you could have dinner with someone dead or alive who would it be?
It would be with my grandmother. It's been 5 years since her passing and I miss her lots. I would want her to get the chance to meet my boys.
8) Are you a dog or a cat person?
Dog. Not to offend cat lovers, but cats creep me out.
|My Roxy Girl|
9) Have your would you ever go skydiving?
Umm, I won't even go on a rollarcoaster so the answer to this question is HELL NO!
10) What is your love language?
Equal mixture of cuddle time & gifts :)
11) If you could be any superhero who would it be?
Buffy the Vampire the Slayer....duh!
By receiving these awards you are supposed to nominate some fab bloggers, but I am going to say that most of the blogs I follow and would nominate have received one of these awards. Just know if I comment on your blog (though maybe not as frequently since I had Luke) it means I love your blog and think you deserve every award imaginable!!
Tell me some quirky facts about you.Pin It Now!